[clue] Oops, I did it again...

Mon Jul 25 15:34:47 MDT 2011

sda and sdb will get dd'd into files on the great big new drive, as soon as I have time. For now, they've been pulled out of the system and are waiting patiently.

What I need is a script that goes something like:

Read a block from sda, read a block from sdb.
If they're the same, overwrite the block from sdb with zeroes.
If they're different, quit.
Read the next block from sda and sdb. Repeat.

Since nobody's produced such a thing, I suppose I'll have to write it...

David L. Willson
Trainer, Engineer, Enthusiast
RHCE MCT MCSE Network+ A+ Linux+ LPIC-1 NovellCLA UbuntuCP
tel://720.333.LANS
Freedom is better when you earn it. Learn Linux.