[clue] PLEASE UN-SUBSCRIBE ME!

Mike Bean beandaemon at gmail.com
Thu Jun 2 06:55:56 MDT 2011

I have some sympathy.   We live in a culture that is effectively email
saturated.  Just at my job I tend to get a half dozen or so emails that have
no bearing on me, usually from people that either spammed a distribution
list, or are somehow laboring under the delusion that what they have to say
is so damn fascinating.   Email saturation in general gets to a level where
I can understand people who object to it based on the principle.

That said, the fact of the matter is email saturation is just part of the
world we live in.  You might as well object to the sun for rising in the
east for all the good it'll do.   Tend to think you're just better off
accepting, and adjusting to it.   Whether it be by delete, procmail, or
elaborate systems of filtering rules that sort it all into folders on the
exchange servers of the world that people hardly ever read.  (My technique)