[clue] [TECH] rsync command runs from command line but not via

Whiting, Gary Gary.Whiting at echostar.com
Thu Jun 2 09:47:58 MDT 2011

Have you tried a 'set -x' or other debug output in the script?

Gary Whiting | IT Systems Manager
EchoStar Information Technology
100 Inverness Terrace East | Englewood, CO  80112
(O) 303-706-5607 | (C) 303-229-6114
UNIX Team | 303-706-5471 | http://sats-it

Message: 2
Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2011 18:14:22 -0600
From: Collins Richey <crichey at gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [clue] [TECH] rsync command runs from command line but
	not via	cron
To: "CLUE's mailing list" <clue at cluedenver.org>

****************'

> # ssh uses public/private key authentication
> /mnt/DroboFS/Shares/DroboApps/rsync/rsync -avz -e 'ssh -i /root/rsync-key'
> --rsync-path=/mnt/DroboFS/Shares/DroboApps/rsync/rsync
> root at 0.0.0.0:/mnt/DroboFS/Shares /mnt/DroboFS/

Wow, you've got me stumped. The usual problem in cron scripts is the
lack of environment settings but you've got a fully qualified path to
the executable.

I'll be curious to know the answer.

--
Collins Richey
? ?? If you fill your heart with regrets of yesterday and the worries