[clue] [TALK] Ulitimate home for the CLUE Website

Raymond DeRoo rderoo at deroo.net
Wed Jun 8 11:04:38 MDT 2011

Folks--

Just because, I ran the same apache bench test again today from two different servers within a minute of each other. The results are even worse than yesterday. Unless there are club members who are both experienced at drupal tuning AND are willing to volunteer their time, I really do not feel that drupal is a good choice for CLUE's website. Do we have that much content which changes regularly? Do we really need a full blown CMS? Could we not make do with a simple VPS and static pages? It seems to me that much time and effort has been put into drupal with not much good to show for it. What ever happened to to KISS?

.r

[18:28:06 rderoo at rotterdam ~]$ ab -n 10 -c 10 -t 10 http://cluedenver.redmop.com/
Percentage of the requests served within a certain time (ms)
  50%   7597
  66%   7782
  75%   7789
  80%   7861
  90%   7861
  95%   7861
  98%   7861
  99%   7861
 100%   7861 (longest request)

[10:29:22 rderoo at arvada ~]$ ab -n 10 -c 10 -t 10 http://cluedenver.redmop.com/
Percentage of the requests served within a certain time (ms)
  50%   7783
  66%   8081
  75%   8135
  80%   8135