[clue] CLUE website performance

Dennis J Perkins dennisjperkins at comcast.net
Thu Jun 9 21:31:57 MDT 2011

On Thu, 2011-06-09 at 17:43 -0600, Collins Richey wrote:

> On Wed, Jun 8, 2011 at 8:55 PM, Dennis J Perkins <djperkins77 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > The site seems quite responsive now.
> >

> I've seen only two instances of slowness this week - one due to the
> vendor's hardware problems and one due to maintenance being performed
> by Shawn. The rest of the time, I've encountered nothing but
> sub-second responses both initial load and requesting new pages. I've
> updated the main page and added a blog entry with no difficulties.
>
> I would say that the testing is successful. We've proved that a
> managed hosting environment can run our website reasonably well. I
> think we should meet again to go over the hosting possibilities once
> again. Now the emphasis is on what we can do with mailman.
>
> I can do most anytime on the weekend. Next week is the regular CLUE
> meeting, so I would prefer not to have another M-F meeting, but I'll
> deal with it if that's the only time that works.

If we do this weekend, it would probably need to be Sunday.  We can do
an early afternoon, 12:30 or 1:00, in case someone wants to go to church
first.

I thought I had seen Mailman on Bluehost earlier.  I don't know if they
have something that would work as well, but then we would need to set
everythin up instead of merely migrating it.