[clue] OT: Anybody have a Solaris box I can borrow or buy?

Warren W. Weiss warren at guano.org
Fri Jun 10 16:59:04 MDT 2011

On 06/10/2011 01:42 PM, Mike Staver wrote:

> I'm needing a Sun server or workstation to compile Apache on on a
> regular basis. I don't care how fast it is, specs are not important to
> me. I just need a little bugger to run Solaris 10 so I can compile
> Apache when a new source is released. We have some production Solaris
> boxes at work, and for security reasons, we aren't allowed to have gcc
> on there. Makes it hard to support our users that way :)

I was going to post a free-to-good-home message this weekend about a
Solaris box I have to give away.

It's a Sun Ultra II with 512MB of RAM, I can't remember how much disk
space, and an unopened copy of Solaris 8.  I've run Solaris 10 on it
before and it was just fine.  A couple of years back I replaced the
on-board battery/clock chip.

--

</W>