[clue] Server and Drupal team news

YES NOPE9 yes at nope9.com
Wed Jun 15 19:56:10 MDT 2011

#3.3  mail and website can be on different servers with same domain name.

On Jun 15, 2011, at 7:33 PM, Collins Richey wrote:

1. All who have voiced an opinion (specifically Dennis and myself)
have voiced no objections to the decision to move our website and
mailing lists to GREENGEEKS. The website is running well (no memory
problems). GREENGEEKS says that there is no problem running mailman.

2. Unfortunately our June 30 deadline for VPSlink contract renewal is
looming, and there is too work much remaining to have an orderly
cutover. As a result, Dennis is going to pursue a month-to-month
renewal of the VPSlink contract.

3. We haven't been successful convening the working team; everyone has
prior commitments. Dennis is out of town until next Wednesday. If
enough team members have time free, I would be happy to hold a meeting
Saturday or Sunday (most any time). If not, why don't we try for
Thursday 6/22/2001 at 6:30PM at the Panera Bread on South Colorado
Blvd. (the same old place).

4. Here are the remaining steps before we can eliminate VPSlink.

  (1) The Drupal site is usable as is. Aesthetics can always be
improved afterwards.

  (2) Prepare to move the mailman site. I'm not familiar enough with
mailman. Perhaps
       someone else has better knowledge.

  (3) As far as I can tell, the move is all or nothing, since there
is only one domain name
       for website and mail.

  (4) Prepare for resetting the domain/DNS records (Roy) and
connecting them to
       GREENGEEKS. Roy needs ??? days advance notice for this action.

  (5) Archive a copy of the old website on GREENGEEKS in case we
forgot anything.

  (6) Probably more that I haven't thought about.

I would appreciate some responses from those of you who are interested
in seeing this work and doing some more work. Thanks to all who have
contributed so much thus far. I would prefer to see this all resolved
by end of July so that we can cut the payments to VPSlink.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks,

--
Collins Richey
For information, account preferences, or to unsubscribe see: