[clue] Pointing email at the right place

YES NOPE9 yes at nope9.com
Wed Jun 15 20:25:25 MDT 2011

> On Jun 15, 2011, at 8:08 PM, Collins Richey wrote:
>
> On Wed, Jun 15, 2011 at 7:56 PM, YES NOPE9 <yes at nope9.com> wrote:
>> #3.3  mail and website can be on different servers with same domain name.
>>

> Cool. I did not know that. So how does that work. If DNS points to
> cluedenver.org on some server (or multiple servers?), how do you
> distinguish between http://cluedenver.org and mail to
> somebody at cluedenver.org?
>
> In advance: I'm a big dummy about such matters.
>
> --
> Collins Richey

It can become very complex.
Most basically ......
There is an MX pointer that points to your mail server ( for more info google ==> MX record )
Email can be redirected several times until it gets where you want it to go.

There are several ways to point to a website .....  and there can be redirection.
Since Mailman requires some web support, you can locate that part on the same server as Drupal or on a different server.  ( I know nada about Mailman )