[clue] [ADMIN] Hands on the Wheel

Collins Richey crichey at gmail.com
Fri Jun 17 17:59:31 MDT 2011

On Fri, Jun 17, 2011 at 11:53 AM, YES NOPE9 <yes at nope9.com> wrote:
> Who is handling the website ?   Please state your name .....  Is this Dennis P. ?

Dennis is the webmaster. There is very little needed to be done until
we cutover to using this, ie point the domain to the new website
> Who is handling the mail-list ?  Please state your name......

Chris Hirsch has volunteered to do this with David Wilson as backup.

> Who is in contact with Roy and the domain situation ?  Please state your name.

Dennis is, and he already replied to this matter in a separate thread.

> Once we know who is the CZAR of whatever ...  then we can help them. Then we can be indians.
>
> This really can be done by June 27th.   Only if someone steps up.

I'm sure that everyone is doing what they can. We are all volunteers
and have lives/business commitments outside of CLUE.

Re mailman, the steps as I see them are:

1. Install the mailman package. The version of python offered is
2.4.3. I don't know which version of mailman we are running or which
version is currently available or if that matters.

2. Capture the configuration details and configure

3. Capture the archives, transfer, and configure(?)

4. Without knowing much about mailman, I'm not sure how we test it and
then run it for real. I'm sure those who have stepped up will be able
to tell me.

This weekend, I will tar up the existing (old) website and transfer it
in case we need anything from that.

--
Collins Richey