[clue] [TALK] Request For Presentation Input

David L. Anselmi anselmi at anselmi.us
Mon Mar 7 16:43:21 MST 2011

Mike Bean wrote:

> I'd be curious to hear more about security.

I'm not sure there's a significant difference among *nix.  So maybe that's another talk.

> 1) don't work as root  2) stronger/more secure then windows (not why), just is,
 > and as I sit here and think, I honestly can't remember honest discussions that
 > go beyond that.

You can look at CVEs and see which affect Windows and which affect Linux.  Some will overlap.  Some
will only be possible on one or the other.  Since the landscape changes quickly actually discussing
that stuff doesn't seem very interesting (here at least).

>  Encryption would be interesting too.    Learning about GnuPG
> has been on my to do list for some time.  Sometimes I can get the bandwidth, but
> I never quite seem to get the excuse to actually APPLY the knowledge.  Without
> using it, the info doesn't stick.

Too bad you didn't come to the key signing we did.  But I need to look and see whether Mozilla can
use gpg keys (and perhaps switch if it can't).