[clue] Performance Computing was Re: seeking advice cleaning up root

Collins Richey crichey at gmail.com
Mon Mar 21 17:43:55 MDT 2011

On Mon, Mar 21, 2011 at 6:10 AM, Raymond DeRoo
> Finally, not to loose sight of the original request. I had intended to
> indicate that my recommendations where skewed from a
< perspective of performance computer. Does symlink resolution
< performance matter on an laptop? No, not at all. I was pointing
< out that the solution provided goes against best practice for the
< software mentioned. And that *my* choice for configuration
< geared to that which I use every day. Overkill for laptop? Sure,
< but simplicity for my life in that files related to X are located in Y,
< no mater which platform I'm working on.

Much improved over the previous. Rational argument versus arrogance -
"my way is the only way".

--
Collins Richey