[clue] [NEWS] MS pushing for laws to let it sue companies that buy products from companies that use pirated software

Bruce Ediger bediger at stratigery.com
Fri Mar 25 09:39:10 MDT 2011

On Fri, 25 Mar 2011, dennisjperkins at comcast.net wrote:

> This story might be very interesting to some people. Is there such a
> bill in this state? How would you prove your innocence? How can you be
> responsible for what other companies do?

BUT, BUT.. PIRACY!  THINK OF THE CHILDREN!  THIS FINANCES TERRORISM!

All good questions.  I think we're about to see how much influence some
tens of billions of dollars cash can buy.  This sort of thing didn't
quite fly in the mid 90s (UCC2B, anyone?) but some states have
"Super-DMCA" copyright laws which came about after the national DMCA
passed.