[clue] For David A (new workstation)

Mike Bean beandaemon at gmail.com
Wed Mar 30 06:38:55 MDT 2011

Just a quick note - mostly for David A's benefit, although anyone else who's
interested, or thinks highly of workstation, please feel free to benefit [?]
The release managers tend to send out wide scale emails when we do a
big/rev/major release.  So, new version of workstation available.

*Highlights of VMware Workstation 7.1.4 are:*

·         Windows 7 SP1 and Ubuntu 10.10 are officially supported.

·         Improved support for RHEL 6.0 and Fedora 14.

·         Resolved customer reported USB device issues.

·         Enhanced support script to gather additional technical
information.

·         Addressed several security, performance and usability issues.

I'm actually a little bit floored that we didn't support Meerkat...although
now that I think about it all my meerkat VM's were coincidentally in
VirtualBox.  I never really felt the need to run more then lynx in
workstation.  (shrug)   Well, anyway, new workstation release for any VMware
fans who are so inclined to obtain it.

Bean