[clue] [TALK] DRUPAL 7 website has replaced old site.....

chris fedde chris at fedde.us
Thu May 12 18:09:13 MDT 2011

Using the chrome "Control Menu" > "Tools" > "Developer Tools" and  the
"network" tab I see that most of the delay seems to be in the response
to the very first "GET" request for the bulk of the page.  Sometimes
as much as 23 seconds but more frequently in the 6 second or so range.
 The remaining parts of the web page succeed quickly after the first.

The delay behavior is consistent when using wget and w3m to fetch the
index page.

Looking at tcpdumps of the transaction I see that the TCP sessions are
established quickly and the "GET" request is sent within the first
second.  But then the response to the GET waits a significant period
of time.