[clue] [TECH] CLUE website is back up , goes fast , then goes slow

dennisjperkins at comcast.net dennisjperkins at comcast.net
Tue May 24 07:37:33 MDT 2011

Thanks. We'll try this.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Raymond DeRoo" <rderoo at deroo.net>
Sent: Monday, May 23, 2011 1:48:22 PM
Subject: Re: [clue] [TECH] CLUE website is back up , goes fast , then goes slow

Folks--

> It sounds like there is a memory leak somewhere. After a restart or the DB is restarted the website is very fast. A few hours later it will start to crawl. Eventually the server is unresponsive and the site is down. There have been reports of the OOM killer taking down the mysqld before. It sounds like someone needs to look at it who is familiar with database tuning.

I do that for a living...

sudo /etc/init.d/mysql restart
mysqladmin -u user -pPASSWD -i 60 -c 360 -r extended-status > mysql_report.txt &
iostat -kxt 30 720 > mysql_iostat.txt &
vmstat 30 720 > mysql_vmstat.txt &

Send me the output of those along with a copy of the my.cnf file and let's see where leads us.

.r