[clue] Linux Window Management

Mike Bean beandaemon at gmail.com
Tue May 24 09:54:45 MDT 2011

So,  a niggling little complaint about Linux I haven't yet figured out how
to resolve.

You know that thing Win7 does where you drag/drop windows left/right, up or
down, and it'll automatically resize the windows to fit the monitor (or some
percentage of same)?   Gnome shell does the same thing.   In XP I had been
using winsplit-revolution (http://www.winsplit-revolution.com/)

Is there a linux equivalent/alternative?    I speculate a little, but I bet
xrandr could be used to do it by someone with sufficient chops,   but
regrettably, my programming kung-fu hasn't progressed to that level yet.
It's at least possible there might a compiz plugin I don't know about yet,
but compiz can be a little...cryptic to try and figure out if you don't know
exactly what you're looking for.

Bean