[clue] Webserver's purpose

Raymond DeRoo rderoo at deroo.net
Wed May 25 15:24:27 MDT 2011

Will--

> What I meant was use a non centralized database like Cassandra that could be replicated over many nodes with no master.  Again it was a post made in jest not a formal response to an RFP.  Not sure why you find it as something to be offended by.

You confuse offense with confusion. I spend my days working on replication...
	simple stuff: mysql->msyql, redis->redis, mongodb->mongodb, mysql->postgres
	quick availability: mysql<->mysql/memcached->redis
	interesting stuff: mysql->mongodb, mysql->infobright, mysql->hadoop, memcached->mysql

So your statement was a) not humors and b) didn't make sense.

For those playing along at home:
	mysql->postgres: Works best for LCD data types and requires SBR. *shrug*
	mysql->hadoop: An interesting learning experience, but a ReallyBadIdea(tm) in practice

.r