[clue] Webserver's purpose

Chris Hirsch chris at base2technology.com
Wed May 25 17:02:56 MDT 2011

On 5/25/11 3:09 PM, Matt Dew wrote:
> I was actually serious about this being a fun project. While some things
> obviously wouldn't work with this, some would.  (What db tech to use on
> the backend...separate discussion. :) )
I'd vote Riak for that...individual nodes on some mid to low end
hardware...this is actually something that interests me greatly. I'd
like to find the right software to do distributed backups (possibly
encrypted in some cases) to my friends/family and allow them to do the same.

The trick is that is has to look like a normal filesystem and not doing
through a web service or something similar.