[clue] Distributed Filesystems (WAS: Webserver's purpose)

David L. Anselmi anselmi at anselmi.us
Wed May 25 18:55:19 MDT 2011

Chris Hirsch wrote:
> On 5/25/11 5:05 PM, Shawn Perry wrote:
>> http://tahoe-lafs.org/trac/tahoe-lafs
>>
>> distributed encrypted file system.
> My Bad...Tahoe is being presented at CLUE Boulder...that may be hard to
> make. So who has used tahoe?

Tahoe is the June CLUE topic regardless of what happens in Boulder.  It's what you want, I think.

But the implementation means that updating saved blocks is inefficient (for some definition of
inefficient).  So it doesn't behave exactly like a file system.  Hence a web front end might be
preferred, to minimize surprise.  But you can ask Zooko about that in June.