[clue] Clue Apps server?

Mike Bean beandaemon at gmail.com
Thu May 26 06:59:04 MDT 2011

I'm kinda toying around the idea of getting a hosted server, and putting a
bunch of GPL apps on it.  Stuff like fengoffice community edition and the
like.   Webapps.    Point is, as long as the hosting costs aren't too bad,
I'm actually tempted to make it available to clue members if there is
sufficient interest, and it seems like kinda a good starter project for me,
because most of my background is in administration/not code.  (That's
something I'm trying to change, but let's not go down that rat hole.)
Point is as long as the hosting costs aren't too prohibitive, maybe put like
a git repo or anything else people would like to see on there.

There does need to be a bit of a defacto understanding, that he who pays the
hosting bill gets veto power.    (I realize that's not a particularly
collaborative/open mindset, but I promise to use said power responsibly.)

Anyway, I didn't want to go too far down this rathole - the main purpose of
this email to assess whether or not there's sufficient interest to justify
such an endeavor.   Running on Linux, and all GPL/open source apps of
course.  So if folks are interested in user accounts on such a server (that
they wouldn't have to maintain), please feel free to hit me up either via
email or the IRC channel, and just let me know: Yay or Nay, plus if Yay,
what apps you'd like to see installed/made available.

Bean