[clue] Distributed data repository

Jim Ockers ockers at ockers.net
Thu May 26 12:13:39 MDT 2011

David L. Anselmi wrote:
> Will wrote:
>
>> Ah, like a community backup project?
>>

> Zooko has done that too, it's what Tahoe was built for to a degree.
>
> That might make a fun installfest like the one they did on AWS.
>
> Dave

Are there any notes or slides or anything about this AWS installfest? I
need to deploy a few hundred Linux systems (well, maybe 200 or 300) to
AWS and any clues or help might help me fast track that part of the project.

The objective is to DDoS ourselves in a controlled way. Having
inadvertently DDoSed ourselves "in real life" we want to set up a QA
environment where we can test software releases and simulate several
hundred distributed systems that will all connect to a QA server, and
then if there is an inadvertent DDoS our production and field systems
would not be affected.

Thanks,
Jim

--