[clue] problems with Debian

Michael Fierro miguelito at biffster.org
Mon May 30 22:14:45 MDT 2011

On Mon, May 30, 2011 at 4:57 PM, Louis Miller <veganguy at canadaseek.com> wrote:

>       I'm trying to switch from Ubuntu to Debian. I plugged in my USB hard
> drive into Ubuntu and it always recognizes it and puts the little icon on
> the screen. With Debian, they don't make it quite so easy. My hard drive
> didn't get mounted. I went

There could be a bunch of problems causing this. Can you take a look
at /var/log/messages (or do a dmesg | tail -50) after you plug the
drive in and try to mount it? That'd make it a lot easier to figure
out what is going on...

> Apparently, I'm not supposed to use Google with Debian. I'm supposed to use
> the Linux Documentation project or the Debian forums. Anyway, anyone got a
> clue about this? Thank you!

You can search either one using Google.  :)

Michael Fierro                                      biffster at gmail.com
"The truth of the matter is, I'm a bright enough guy, but I'm hardly a
genius." - Cory Doctorow