[clue] cd, dvd and usb devices not automounting

Glen Newell glen.newell at realivetech.com
Tue Nov 15 15:11:37 MST 2011

Having an issue that I just can't get any traction on...I'm sure someone
here can help...I can't find anything on Google.

Slackware 13.37 bit, KDE...for awhile automount worked flawlessly: now I
can't get to any plugged devices from kde, and they don't appear to be
automounting at all either.

user in question is in plugdev and haldaemon groups.
tried it with permissions on rc.hald wide open also
fdisk -l lists the device, and syslog clearly recognizes the device with no
issues.

The only things that I've changed about the system between when it worked
and when it didnt are that I enabled ftp, and installed openoffice and the
desktop integration from source.

here's the message I'm seeing in the log:

Nov 15 14:53:59 jack dbus-daemon: [system] Rejected send message, 1 matched
rules; type="method_call", sender=":1.42" (uid=1000 pid=8903
comm="kdeinit4: dolphin [kdeinit] -session 106a61636b000")
interface="org.freedesktop.Hal.Device.Volume" member="Mount" error
name="(unset)" requested_reply=0 destination="org.freedesktop.Hal" (uid=0
pid=1856 comm="/usr/sbin/hald))

Any suggestions will be appreciated...

Glen

--
I enjoy the massacre of ads. This sentence will slaughter ads without a
messy bloodbath.