[clue] DAH translation.

David L. Anselmi anselmi at anselmi.us
Thu Nov 17 20:58:39 MST 2011

The guys who wrote the Debian Administrator's Handbook (in French) have taken it upon themselves to
translate it into English, despite having no publisher to back them.  They crowd funded the money
they needed to do that.

If they can raise enough beyond what they already have not only will they translate it, they will
copyleft it too.

You can read a sample chapter at:

http://raphaelhertzog.com/2011/11/15/20-things-to-learn-with-the-free-chapter-of-the-debian-administrators-handbook/

Since this chapter has to do with APT it probably won't give you a feel for how general the book is.
  But I'd guess it applies fairly well to Ubuntu, at least.

With 10 days left it seems unlikely that they will meet the liberation goal.  (I wanted to say that
if you pledged support and they didn't make the goal you wouldn't be charged, but I can't find that
anywhere now.)  It will be interesting to see whether they make more than 25k euro selling the book
if it is not liberated.