[clue] [Politics] What is a troll ? What is trolling ?

YES NOPE9 yes at nope9.com
Tue Nov 29 16:57:22 MST 2011

To Will ......   good answer

On Nov 29, 2011, at 4:46 PM, Will wrote:

Trolling is stating something that you do not believe to get a rise out of people.  For instance if I were to give a MacBook to Dave Willson and tell him he should try it out because it kicks Linux's behind.  That would be a troll because I did it for no other reason then to watching his reaction.

Your disapproval of social norms and excepted truths of the group are in no way related to trolling.  People are not saying anyone of those things to get a raise out of you.

I think Dave calls Torren  a troll because Dave wants to give Torren a benefit of doubt and hopes he just likes to watch the e-mail list explode in activity.