[clue] [tech] Linux-supported Data Acquisition OEM module with USB interface?

Jim Ockers ockers at ockers.net
Wed Oct 12 16:40:23 MDT 2011

Hi Nick,

Thanks for the tip.  Yes that is along the lines of what I was looking
for.  The Phidget have only 10-bit ADC.  "The RawSensorValue property
brings out a 12-bit value (0-4095) for users who require maximum
accuracy.  Please note that the sampling is actually done with  an
oversampled 10-bit ADC, but reported as a 12-bit value to allow future
expansion."

I really do need the 16-bit ADC minimum resolution, 24-bit is better...
I guess we could rearrange the electrons from our sensor such that we
connect the inputs back-to-back and get 20-bit resolution.  I will think
about it and see if this is possible.

Any other suggestions from the group?

Thanks,
Jim