[clue] Project Caua

daryl kuchay daryl.kuchay at gmail.com
Fri Sep 2 06:42:15 MDT 2011

Morning Collins,

No my friend is one of the heavy lifters for the Porteus linux project.
Porteus is the continuation of the Slax linux project. My friends name is
Jay. His online handle is Brokenman. One can find him on the Porteus forums
as well as youtube.

Porteus is an LZMA based live persistent distribution. Jay is currently
writing a package manager for it and nearing beta stages. He has also agreed
to help me with making and repackaging a custom kernel specific to the webdt
industrial tablets that I work with. www.webdt.org. As they only have 500mb
ssd drives Porteus would be a perfect distribution for these tablets. The
functionality that he has established within Porteus, in my mind, puts it
far ahead of other live usb distributions.

Please forgive the soapbox that I am standing upon however I think Jay would
be a perfect candidate for Mr. Halls project. He has indicated an interest
in contributing to the local economy in Brazil as well as wanting to learn
more about Project Caua and how he can help. With his technical abilities as
well as a desire to help others I feel he would be a perfect fit.

https://www.porteus.org/forum/

http://www.youtube.com/user/Br0kenMan

Daryl Kuchay