[clue] RFC tracking system

Crawford Rainwater crawford.rainwater at linux-etc.com
Thu Apr 5 15:18:15 MDT 2012

David and company:

Linux ETC has made such ala Drupal with some modules that are v7.x oriented.  There is also the "Open Atrium" project which is Drupal v6.x based (though it seems this is slowing coming into Drupal v7.x).  I have seen some forks of Open Atrium that are "industry specific" as well (e.g., Aegir for WHM (web hosting management) industry as one common example).  Both are Open Source based and "free ware" (as in zero cost save "man power" expenses).

Internally we are using WHMCS linked into a few systems for services which has Kayako as well as "WHMCS's built in" system.  Both are quite nice IMHO, though I admit the Drupal one was a good first run effort as well on our part.

I have personally used Remedy as well which is nice, but also "complex" IMHO.

I have also reviewed RT a bit too, but never done a full implementation via scratch, though some in Linux ETC have.  The remark about RT is that it is flexible in design and initial implementation.  However, once implemented, it is a tad difficult to modify parameters of queues and such without having to go back and redesign/rebuild from scratch.

As a side note to RT, I also have the RT book published O'Reilly that was at one possible client project, but they elected to postpone such.  If anyone is interested in this hard copy, drop me a note offlist. ;-)

HTH.

--- Crawford
PS: I receive this list in Digest format.  Pardon in delays in responding accordingly.

The Linux ETC Company
10121 Yates Court
Westminster, CO 80031 USA
voice:  +1.303.604.2550
web:    http://www.linux-etc.com

Please do not print this email unless it is absolutely necessary.  Be friendly to the environment by saving paper.