[clue] RFC tracking system

Chris Fedde chris at fedde.us
Fri Apr 6 06:47:10 MDT 2012

My current shop is using OTRS. It seems reasonable.  Previously I've
used RT and Trac as well as any number of commercial systems.   If I
was starting over for a help desk with some kind of call center I'd
pick RT.   I pick trac for personal and small project work.
Conversion from what is already in place rarely worth the effort.
Most of the cost for these systems is in training and operational
procedures.

For me he main required features for me are: a web interface,
reasonable database schema, good email integration,  some kind of API
for automation, and ongoing support.  RT, OTRS and Trac all have these
featrues, either directly or via plugins.

I could go on about each of these in more detail but I'll leave off
here for now.
http://www.otrs.com/en/
http://bestpractical.com/rt/
http://trac.edgewall.org/