[clue] Well, why the heck not?

Chris Fedde chris at fedde.us
Sun Apr 8 11:45:19 MDT 2012

Once upon a time I kept my "critical environment files" in a
subversion repository and did commits and updates to keep a few
workstation environments in sync.  Better is to have a shared NFS home
across all the systems within a management domain.

I've fallen away from both of these recently.  Mostly because of the
uneven firewall rules around the environments I work in today.  Now I
just use a "manifest" file that contains a list of environment files
and directories that I rsync to each new machine I use. I keep no real
discipline or automation around this.   I do it more as a boot strap
for any machine that is going to have a "cfedde" account on it.