[clue] Unzipping zip archives with duplicates?

Sean LeBlanc seanleblanc at comcast.net
Tue Aug 28 10:21:32 MDT 2012

I'm trying to figure out how I might extract a certain zip file on the
command line.

Normally, this is a no-brainer, of course, but this one has duplicate
names in there. Now, some GUI tools will rename dupes found (append .#
on the end, for example) and keep right on trucking.

It seems 7-zip command line on Windows anyway has a flag (-aou) that
seems like it might do the right thing - but the port(s) (tried on
Ubuntu and OS X) doesn't seem to have support for it.

Any other ideas for how I might skin this cat?