[clue] System76 - Operations Manager Position

Carl Richell carl at system76.com
Tue Aug 28 13:08:14 MDT 2012

Hi CLUE folks,

I'm seeking to fill an Operations Manager position at System76. If
you're passionate about Open Source Software, a seasoned manager, and
wish to be an integral part of building a company, come chat with me.

Details below. (I will receive info and resumes sent to the
careers at system76.com address).

Carl Richell
System76

-----------------------------

Job Location

Denver, Colorado. Relocation assistance available to outstanding candidates.

Job Summary:

System76 is a leading provider of Ubuntu pre-loaded laptops, desktops,
and servers. System76 focuses on quality products, excellent service,
excellent support, and a commitment to open source technology. We strive
for a high energy work environment with the fluid exchange of ideas and
creativity. As Operations Manager you are responsible for enhancing
overall quality of service, employee development and advancement, and
day to day operations.

To be considered for this opportunity, send your resume to
careers at system76.com.

Key responsibilities:

  * Maintain and enhance quality of service within operating budgets
  * Develop Technical Support, Sales, and Customer Service quality
    measurement methods
  * Ensure testing and development lab has the necessary tools and
    hardware to effectively deliver top quality support
  * Manage product availability for press reviews
  * Manage Technical Support and Customer Service teams
  *
      o Develop training programs
      o Employee development and advancement
      o Enhance productivity
      o Manage escalation
  * Develop a strong quality centric culture
  * Manage HR and regulatory compliance
  *
      o Seek valuable government certifications
      o Maintain company policies
  * Manage third party and partner relationships
  * Refine product and operating system release testing procedures
  * Define best practices for team coordination
  * Define best practices for customer interaction

Required skills and experience:

  * Experience leading and managing teams
  * Excellent communication skill
  * Training experience
  * Technical support experience
  * At least two years experience working with end users/customers
  * Excellent customer facing skills
  * Deep technical understanding of Ubuntu
  * Ability to identify product bugs versus technical support
  * Ubuntu or Open Source project bug reporting and follow-through to
    resolution
  * Creative, technology focused problem solving
  * Communicating and reporting to ownership

Desirable skills and experience

  * Project Administration
  * Open Source advocacy