[clue] Unzipping zip archives with duplicates?

David L. Anselmi anselmi at anselmi.us
Wed Aug 29 19:33:16 MDT 2012

Sean LeBlanc wrote:
> Yes, the files in the zip have paths. So, the problem I was running into
> if I *only* considered uniqueness by the entire path was this:
>
> /foo<- Actually a FILE
> /foo/<- Actually a DIR
> /foo/file1
> /foo/file2... etc.

Ugh, that's brain damaged.  Are there any file systems where you can have a file and dir with the
same name?  Or are they creating the zip from some broken code?

> Turns out now I'm trying to figure out how to have my Ruby script
> embedded in Ant be able to find the gems it needs....I might end up
> re-writing the Ruby script in Groovy instead. :)

I looked at Groovy a bit--I wasn't impressed.  The argument for using it was that we wanted to parse
properties files and Java knows how to do that easily.  So in a Java environment it might come in
handy (especially if you have people who can't learn new languages).  But the script I saw was badly
done and not nearly as easy to reuse as I needed.

Does Java/Groovy have a good zip library?