[clue] newbie os

Lori Spencer lspencer at parsec.com
Fri Aug 31 11:08:37 MDT 2012

Me personally, I'm slowly falling in love with Bodhi Linux, very
lightweight, awesome community and just overall fun and easy to use. I'm
on the verge of ending my disto hopping. :-)
On 08/31/2012 10:52 AM, Mike Bean wrote:
> Personally I prefer Mint. Specifically the cinnamon desktop if I can
> get away with it, if not I use xfce.  Granted, it's kind of splitting
> hairs considering that Mint is descended from Ubuntu in the first
> place, but I tend to find Clem's design philosophies more agreeable
> then Mark Shuttleworth's
>
> On Fri, Aug 31, 2012 at 10:36 AM, Vincent Randal <vtrandal at yahoo.com
> <mailto:vtrandal at yahoo.com>> wrote:
>
>     Yes, Ubuntu. I second thats

>     *Sent:* Friday, August 31, 2012 9:26 AM
>     *Subject:* Re: [clue] newbie os
>
>     Ubuntu 10.04 or 12.04 (ie: LTS)
>
>     That will give him the greatest chance of someone else knowing how
>     to help with his problems.
>
>     --
>     David L. Willson
>     Trainer, Engineer, Enthusiast
>     RHCE Network+ A+ Linux+ LPIC-1 Ubuntu
>     Mobile 720-333-LANS(5267)
>
>     This is a good time for a r3VOLution.

>         Anybody have a favorite os for a newbie. I'm going to install
>         Linux on my neighbors computer as a dual boot, he doesn't have
>         enough ram for a vm, and he is a professional photographer. I
>         was thinking of PCLos so his maintenance issues would be less,
>         than reinstalling to keep up to date. By the way we're living
>         in Idaho now. Cheers Bill Smith

Lori Spencer
Technical Account Manager
PARSEC Group
999 18th Street, Suite 1725
Denver, CO 80202
Phone:  720-962-9593
lspencer at parsec.com
Skype ID airmid46
www.parsec.com
Mission Critical Support Services for OpenVMS, Tru64 UNIX, HP-UX, MPE/iX, AIX, Linux, Oracle Solaris and Microsoft environments.
The information contained in this e-mail message is intended only for the personal and confidential use of the recipient(s) named above.  This  message is privileged and confidential.  If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient or agent responsible for delivering it ot the recipient, you are hereby notified that you have received this document in error and that any review, dissemination, distribution or copying of this message is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this communication in error, pelase notify use immediately by e-mail and delete the original message.