[clue] [tech] Ubuntu: how to make a bootable boot CD for my system?

Will will.sterling at gmail.com
Wed Feb 8 09:45:55 MST 2012

Instead of moving the existing disk images just make new images using DD.
 Most hyper visors can use DD created disk images and if they can not just
create a empty disk image boot the VM from CD and then use DD to copy the
disk image over to the empty drive.

   1. Boot old VM from media, get it on the LAN.
   2. Boot new VM from media get it on the LAN
   3. on new VM 'ssh root at oldvm "dd if=/dev/sda"|dd of=/dev/sda'
   4. Boot new VM from sda