[clue] spark tablet

Dan Kulinski daniel at kulinski.net
Mon Feb 20 10:14:49 MST 2012

With Android you have access to a rich environment and plenty of apps on
the market already.  What makes a FLOSS tablet more attractive?  In the
coming months I hope to get an Android tablet but I really don't see the
appeal of a FLOSS solution especially given the weakness of some Linux
software (navigation seems to be missing, a good UI for tablets doesn't
really seem to be there yet).  Ultimately I would like a 7" tablet I could
dock into my car, break out some important engine information (I was
thinking of connecting to an Arduino running the IOIO board and the CAN BUS
shield relaying info back to the tablet), media player to a built in amp
and navigation capabilities, maybe via an external GPS unit if necessary.

Dan Kulinski