[clue] Cory Doctorow - war on general computing [talk]

Mon Jan 2 17:33:57 MST 2012

This is to say NOTHING of the poor unfortunates on whom the legal system "works" too well. The advent of DNA evidence has set how many men free?

It's broken, very much like copy protection. It inconveniences those that have faith in it, but the "villains" for whom it's designed, those with less honor or training, instead see great opportunities to become rich and powerful selling illegal goods and services, or trading votes for favors.