[clue] Colo Colo (hah!) Recommendations?

Quentin Hartman qhartman at gmail.com
Mon Jan 2 18:01:53 MST 2012

Hi all!

I currently live in Eugene, OR, but will likely be returning to my
childhood home of Colorado in the near future so my daughter can grow
up near her extended family.

I have a 1U server colocated at a small ISP out here which I would
like to bring along. I'm currently paying $40 a month for 1.5Mb of
burstable bandwidth and a 32-ip subnet. I did the owner a favor
shortly before I started colo'ing with them, so I'm sure that's a
friends-and-family rate. I'm not really expecting something in / near
Denver to be competitive with that, but the closer the better. I use
the server to run personal sites and projects, and provide
miscellaneous services to a few clients.

I'm also considering leaving it where it is, or migrating to an AWS
instance. I like having the extra horsepower and storage space that
owning my own box affords, so going to AWS or a VPS service would be
my last choice. I haven't had to touch the machine since I installed
it, so leaving it in Eugene isn't out of the question, but if I should
need to touch it for some reason having it so far away would be a
PITA.

Anything within about a 2 hour drive of North Denver would be worth considering.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

QH