[clue] file-system activity logging

Sun Jan 8 12:05:06 MST 2012

Any idea the overhead involved? I have to do the auditing client-side on 12+ machines, because the NFS "server" isn't a standard box.

And of course, some of the clients that must be audited, are production or mission-critical.

And, I haven't read enough to say for sure, but it seems like auditd only wants to watch specific files, rather than all access in a whole file-system. Is that so?

David L. Willson
Trainer, Engineer, Enthusiast
RHCE MCT MCSE Network+ A+ Linux+ LPIC-1 NovellCLA UbuntuCP
tel://720.333.LANS
Freedom is better when you earn it. Learn Linux.