[clue] shameless begging

philburt stortsky ppld.phil.stortz at hotmail.com
Sun Jan 8 14:45:28 MST 2012

I'm poor and disabled, and fighting to get social security.  i've been using computers regularly since '77 and have good knowledge of hardware and software (though i've yet to learn enough linux to be helpful on the list generally, though i do provide free linux support to serveral friends on more basic issues).

in any case, this is a shameless request for any one with disused hardware to consider donating it to me.  i'm mostly interested in flat panel monitors (which i may be able to fix if the screen isn't cracked, i'm very good with electronics) or any 64 bit machines/motherboards or am2 processors (i have a motherboard that needs one already), and working dvd readers/burners etc. would also be great.  obviously things posted to the list tend to go fast and i get the digest version.

i'm in longmont but just off main and can likely take the bus to pick up most items.  i'm very willing to trade some not too physical work (i've had multiple head/neck and back injuries and suffer from daily migraines of an unusual type that's hard to control with medication due to disc damage in neck).  i can provide some advice on a wide range of technical issues as i have a broad knowledge of the sciences and real world application (i.e. wiring issues, water purification etc.)  my last boss called me his "mad scientist" (hence my email address).

thank you for your consideration, and i know the list isn't about such request and without talking to me or documentation you have no way to verify i'm not just some lazy bum begging for freebies, i certainly encourage any one considering helping me to seek some verification.  sorry for  the all lowercase, but i'm also disgraphic though that's a minor issue.  i sincerely thank you for your' consideration and a list which is helping me learn.

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has it's limits"  Albert Einstein