[clue] CLUE Installfest inventorfest report on 2012m01d08 99clue

Collins Richey crichey at gmail.com
Sun Jan 8 19:32:54 MST 2012

On Sun, Jan 8, 2012 at 3:17 PM, Dana <dmatek at juno.com> wrote:
> Hey Gus,
> Thumbs up on the venue and times - both very convenient for me.  I will be
> attending the next installfest for my home desktop, then laptop....
> Thanks!

We did accomplish some useful things for attendees. Got backups for
Walt of laptop and desktop and then upgraded both Ubuntus to current
levels. He really "loved" (not!!!) the switch to unity. We managed to
get a usable xorg.conf for Bill to handle unusual monitors, but for
some reason his system (dual boot) would not recognize his NIC,
although windows had no problem with the NIC!!!

The DENHAC venue is a little rough visually, but it has the necessary
equipment for an installfest. Plenty of cat-5 cables and a switch;
wireless also, but I didn't see it used. A variety of monitors,
keyboards, and mice. Others may care to comment.

It's a little closer in than DeVry Broomfield.

Usually we start earlier than 10AM, but there's no one to kick us out
at a specific time.

Thanks to Gus for setting this up.

--
Collins Richey