[clue] [ADMIN] More Odds and end's 2012m01d24 (Dan Kulinski)

Crawford Rainwater crawford.rainwater at linux-etc.com
Tue Jan 24 14:43:26 MST 2012

----- Dan Kulinski <daniel at kulinski.net> wrote: -----

> Actually I think Crawford was saying that forming a 501C3 entity is
> complex
> and actually costly. He also points out that previous efforts on a
> Drupal
> site seem to have dried up. I remember the previous attempt, page
> loads
> were 10+ seconds at the time.

Dan and company:

Dan's assessment of my statement regarding making a 501(c)3 is correct.  It is quite time consuming and does take actual and continual effort.  It is also incurs a financial burden and responsibility of those maintaining this entity in particular the ones listed as "President" and "Secretary" on the entity's documentation.  That is a "big picture" assessment and overview on the suggestion.

Dan's assessment on my remarks of the previous "Drupal effort" is also correct.  Many folks said they would assist and/or help with such and such in regards to the migrating the site from Jed's "hand made CMS" (for lack of a better description or term) to Drupal or something else.  In the end, the iteration I did (and later removed) was about 2-3 weeks of work and effort of my own free time with those who said they would assist did not even after being contacted and followed up upon by myself.  Apparently those who did not appreciate such effort spoke louder than those few who did.  I was also quite disappointed since when someone states he/she will do something and later does not, just poor form in the end regardless from lack of communications and/or honesty in abilities.  Thus, my lack of confidence in seeing CLUE as a whole try this again for those not knowing the full history and all sides of the story.

The latter is still a sore subject as well for me, so I will not diverge on such.  My remarks and clarification are given.  I also thank Dan for reading things directly and properly and then clarifying such to others versus possibly skewed (again I receive this list in Digest format).

FWIW once again.

--- Crawford

The Linux ETC Company
10121 Yates Court
Westminster, CO 80031 USA
voice:  +1.303.604.2550
web:    http://www.linux-etc.com

Please do not print this email unless it is absolutely necessary.  Be friendly to the environment by saving paper.