[clue] suggestions on linux repair CD's? [talk]

grant at amadensor.com grant at amadensor.com
Mon Jul 2 13:35:33 MDT 2012

I find dban to be quite effective for fixing machines that have windows on them. You may also want to consider downloading the clam av signatures before you go so that you don't have to wait while you are at a hosed machine.

Mike Bean <beandaemon at gmail.com> wrote:

Hey,  I'm going out of town for a week or so for work, and it's a virtual lock that my boss is going to sit me down in front of a line of people with broken windows laptops,  I downloaded malware bytes, and spybot search and destroy, and it occurs to me that I should probably burn a linux live boot CD, although I find myself wondering if I should download a special distro, or just ubuntu and improvise.  Thought I'd ask the collective for suggestions?  Maybe DBAN?

Bean