[clue] Google Nexus tablet

Lori Spencer lspencer at parsec.com
Fri Jul 27 11:35:51 MDT 2012

Been readin this email trail and I have to laugh to myself a little. For
me, what I have is a 127 bucks delivered to my doorstep Zenithink,  and
for that 127 bucks I get the Zenithink, a leather case/stand/usb
keyboard and 16 GBSDHC flash. This little 7 inch tablet is the exact
design of the Vivaldi Linux (which is takin forever to hit the market,
suppose to be around 270 buckaroos) the Zenithink comes with Android
4.0.3, its fast, has decent battery, good touch screen and resolution,
mini HDMI and USB etc. yada, yada, yada... Oh, no GPS, eh who cares, I
don't.

But the best part about this tablet is **it comes rooted** so you can
install any lightweight OS you want.

Why would I want to do that, you might be asking, weeeelllllll, because
I can, I'm a geekoid, and I want the ability to run any OS I want on my
tablet and for 127 bucks it is worth it.

Right now I'm running Puppy Linux and love it. I might try a different
lightweight linux, but right now da pup is doing everything I want it to
do for me.

So in the words of McDonalds "I'm lovin it!"

l.

On 07/27/2012 08:46 AM, Robert L. Harris wrote:

> It's an android device made by google,  why would it have problems?
>
> I've got a bunch of personal and business stuff installed and I'm
> loving it.  I don't even carry my laptop around the office, I just
> take my Nexus.  Corp Email, Calendar and notes are all available there
> along with my personal stuff.
>
> -R
>

> On Thu, Jul 26, 2012 at 9:41 PM, Dennis J Perkins
> <dennisjperkins at comcast.net <mailto:dennisjperkins at comcast.net>> wrote:
>
>     I've only installed Aldiko, Angry Birds, and a printer app so far.
>     They work fine.
>
>     Mike Bean <beandaemon at gmail.com <mailto:beandaemon at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     Huh - I was seriously considering a 500$ asus transformer the
>     other day.  If the nexus is worthwhile, It's significantly
>     cheaper.   No one's hand any problem running android apps?
>
>     On Wed, Jul 25, 2012 at 10:04 AM, Robert L. Harris
>     <robert.l.harris at gmail.com <mailto:robert.l.harris at gmail.com>> wrote:
>

>         I haven't yet but plan to do it tonight to test Skype on my
>         nexus.
>

>         On Wed, Jul 25, 2012 at 9:21 AM, YES NOPE9 <yes at nope9.com
>         <mailto:yes at nope9.com>> wrote:
>
>             Has anyone tried out the Nexus 7 bluetooth capabilities ?
>             I would like to use bluetooth as a link to a bluetooth
>             serial device.
>
>             Best
>             Gus
>

>         --
>         :wq!
>         ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
>         Robert L. Harris
>
>         DISCLAIMER:
>               These are MY OPINIONS             With Dreams To Be A King,
>                ALONE.  I speak for First One Should Be A Man
>                no-one else.    - Manowar

> :wq!
> Robert L. Harris
>
> DISCLAIMER:
>       These are MY OPINIONS             With Dreams To Be A King,
>        ALONE.  I speak for                      First One Should Be A Man
>        no-one else.                                     - Manowar

Lori Spencer
Technical Account Manager
PARSEC Group
999 18th Street, Suite 1725
Denver, CO 80202
Phone:  720-962-9593
lspencer at parsec.com
Skype ID airmid46
www.parsec.com
Mission Critical Support Services for OpenVMS, Tru64 UNIX, HP-UX, MPE/iX, AIX, Linux, Oracle Solaris and Microsoft environments.
The information contained in this e-mail message is intended only for the personal and confidential use of the recipient(s) named above.  This  message is privileged and confidential.  If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient or agent responsible for delivering it ot the recipient, you are hereby notified that you have received this document in error and that any review, dissemination, distribution or copying of this message is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this communication in error, pelase notify use immediately by e-mail and delete the original message.