[clue] Web Hosting Question

Dan Kulinski daniel at kulinski.net
Wed Jun 20 10:36:43 MDT 2012

For a server I don't think it is good policy to run it on a dynamic IP.
 Sure you can use a dynamic DNS service but there will be times when your
machine is switched away from the IP and the DNS isn't updated yet.  On
Comcast you can be switched to a network where port 25 is blocked (I
understand they do this by default now on all networks).  All in all, just
not an ideal setup with cheap VPS services out there that provide a static
IP and you can be root.

Dan