[clue] FOSS: Graphics Arts and Designs.

Raymond DeRoo rderoo at deroo.net
Tue Mar 6 00:54:45 MST 2012

Ed--

> It is interesting in all but it seems as though if I were to create a
> series of images with MyPaint they would all be different and I
> wouldn't be able to create an animation that looked halfway decent
> because I am not that skilled with or without a drawing tablet.

In most CGI/CGA houses the characters are built using a raster based tool ( Photoshop ) and then recreated in a vector based tool ( Maya Studio ). So at some point along the way actual graphic talent is needed.

> Also, of what use are vector images? (a practical application of using
> vector images)

Vector images scale ad infinitum, whereas with raster based images you can scale down, but really cannot scale up. In either case you going to loose something.

http://www.graphicdesignforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41

Raymond