[clue] Linux and DOS

Raymond de Roo rderoo at deroo.net
Tue Mar 27 07:37:24 MDT 2012

William--

> Good morning all, I heard once that Linux will run DOS. Can you point me in the right direction? I've got some proprietory software that I would like to run on a newer OS. Thanks in advance.

I'm not sure where you might have heard this, but to my knowledge it is not true. You can dual boot a system to linux or DOS, or you can run DOS in some form of virtualization. I keep a FreeDOS ( http:// freedos.org/ ) virtual machine ( https://www.virtualbox.org/ ) on my systems to test dBase III / IV and Clipper applications and find it works well for me.

Hope this helps you out.

Raymond