[clue] Budding SW Engineers

Raymond DeRoo rderoo at deroo.net
Mon May 7 14:36:26 MDT 2012

Folks:

<rant>
I'm not anti-Ruby, actually I think the language is rather interesting. However what I see the biggest drawback to ruby is so many people who claim to be "ruby programmers" when what they *really* mean is Ruby on Rails. RoR is the *suck*. RoR is a *prototyping framework* using it for anything else is wrong, not to mention just plain stupid. You want to put your great aunt's fudge business on the web? She's going to get 10 visitor a week? Go for it! Bang that out in two hours and call it done. She probably going to spend more in a year for hosting than she is going to make selling product. But as soon as you have something real, with real users, switch to something that scales!
</rant>

RoR killer,
Raymond