[clue] Vsphere client for Linux?

adam bultman adamb at glaven.org
Tue May 8 14:38:40 MDT 2012

Does it have all the same bells and whistles as the "regular" vSphere
client for windows?

I run a small VirtualBox VM running WinXP in seamless mode for the very
small number of windows applications that I need to run (Outlook,
occasionally, Visio, vSphere Client).  My windows VM rarely crashes,
either, and doesn't run too sluggishly (but I do have a fast workstation
- dual cpu, dual core xeon 5140s, 22G RAM, 4G allocated to my windows VM.)

On 05/08/2012 12:33 PM, David L. Willson wrote:
> Yes, Vmware Workstation 8 works in Linux (use a kernel 6-12 months old) and functions as a vSphere client.
>
> --
> David L. Willson
> Trainer, Engineer, Enthusiast
> RHCE Network+ A+ Linux+ LPIC-1 Ubuntu