[clue] identifying an IP address based on apache logs?

Mike Bean beandaemon at gmail.com
Thu May 17 10:59:22 MDT 2012

Attempting to try to solve a request of sorts, names changed to protect the
innocent.

I know that Apache can be configured to deny requests from a specific IP,
and I have the account information of someone specific to deny, but I can't
quite seem to get over the last hurdle of associating an IP address with an
account.   Rooting around in the access logs has yet to produce an instance
of his username.

In short, I thought I'd ask if the clue-denziens have advice for
identifying a given apache users IP address?

befuddled as usual,

Bean